Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

My Very First Blog


I'm a big fan of blogs. My daily routine usually consists of logging into google reader and finding over 300 blog entries of celebrity gossip, style/fashion and weight loss picker-uppers. To top it off, I have a HUGE obsession with baking blogs. I say about 90% of the blogs I read caters to cakes, cookies and cupcakes recipes that I'm dying to try by the end of the day. I've grown to love certain bloggers and feel somewhat attached to their personal stories and journeys after being a dedicated reader for four years.

With that being said, my husband asked me a couple of nights ago why I don't start my own blog.

I looked at him crazy and said no... like, immediately.

Of course the wheels in my head started to turn and I began to question what would I write about if I "did" start my own blog?

I guess I could write about parenting.

Maybe baking?

How about making quick and healthy dinners for a family of three? Or shows? Or running! Oh boy. 

So here I am. I have a blog.  I'll be making about three dozen cupcakes for my cousin's engagement party this weekend and I feel that this would be an appropriate way to start things off.  It'll be my first "gig" (and probably my last. haha) but I thought it would be fun to write about it.

I'm nervous and excited. But for the most part,  I'm frightened that I'll overhear someone at the party saying that it's nasty and gross as I sit there with tears running down my cheeks at the next table. Just kidding. (not really)

But I have a menu and here it is:

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Carrot Cake Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

and last but not least, a TIRAMISU CUPCAKE.

The last one scares me. It has a mascarpone filling and topped with a buttercream coffee frosting. Yikes.

Well, I'll be sharing my first experience as a cupcake maker and posting pictures on here soon.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment